Friday, July 22, 2011

Blueberry Buckle

It's blueberry season here in Michigan and we love to pick blueberries! It's one of our usual summertime activities! Ryan has missed out on the picking, but the girls and I have gone twice. It's more difficult than usual for me with the shoulder, but we must have our fresh blueberries!!

The girls and I were out in the patch today and when we came home I baked one of our favorite blueberry treats, blueberry buckle. The recipe comes from an old church cookbook that was a wedding shower gift to me from Ryan's cousins. In order to respect her privacy, I will not share the name of the woman that submitted the recipe.

    Blueberry Buckle

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups fresh blueberries, washed

Mix shortening, sugar and egg thoroughly. 
Stir in milk.
Mix together the dry ingredients.
Blend in the blueberries.

Spread batter in a greased and floured 9inch pan. Sprinkle with crumb topping.

1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup stick butter, softened

Bake at 375 for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

I didn't get a picture of the finished product soon enough, but you get the idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment